For a few years, Ruby has been my primary programming language. It is a very versatile language, that can be used for simple shell scripts just as well as for designing complex software architectures.
Ruby is an object oriented, general purpose programming language that is very well suited for web development. It is dynamically typed and puts a big emphasis on code readability. I like the elegance of well written Ruby code and the powerful testing frameworks that exist for Ruby.
- Sneakers - A fast background processing framework for Ruby and RabbitMQ
- RSpec - Behaviour Driven Development for Ruby. Making TDD Productive and Fun.
- Sequel - The Database Toolkit for Ruby
- oj - Optimized JSON
- Sinatra - Great framework for building http based APIs
- Hanami - Ruby framework with strong opinions about code structure
- Rails - The most popular MVC framework for Ruby. Mostly suited for monolithic websites. I rarely use it
Round time down to a given interval
FIFTEEN_MINUTES = 15 * 60 t = Time.new # 2020-11-20 11:17:22 +0100 rounded_time = t - t.to_i % FIFTEEN_MINUTES # 2020-11-20 11:15:00 +0100